Friday, February 29, 2008

New Parent Oops #9

Becoming a parent has definitely been a learning experience. Such as - 12 month old's are very squirmy and do not have a sense of height, setting a naked toddler on a hard wood floor in the middle of winter will induce immediate urination even when standing (from the child not the parent, in case you needed clarification), alternating waterproof mattress pads and sheets several times on crib mattress is a very good idea.

Since Abbie has 16 teeth (yes 16!), I figured that she would probably be OK having some pizza crust with dinner on Wednesday. Well, apparently Abbie's stomach is much more sensitive that I could have imagined. Several hours after eating a few bites of pizza crust (just the crust - no cheese, no sauce) Abbie fussed and fussed. For those of you that don't know Abbie is a REALLY good sleeper (knock on wood) and typically goes to bed at 5:45pm and sleeps straight through to 5:30am the next morning. Typically Abbie can fuss herself back to sleep pretty easily and even though it was taking her a little longer to get settled, I just figured she was getting another cold (it had been about 2 weeks and probably time for another one!). Since she seemed to be having troubles, I finally decided to go check on her.

And then I entered the room. Before I turned on the light, I knew I was in trouble. I couldn't tell if it was front end or back end mess, but I just knew there would be one. Then I turned on the light and instantly felt a waive of horrible guilt come over me. Poor little Abs wasn't even awake, but she had her face planted precisely in a LARGE pool of vomit. Poor girl. I felt horrible. After a nice short (but refreshing I'm sure) bath, new sheets, PJ's and blanket Abbie was back in bed. At least for awhile.

Long story short. No pizza for this little one for quite awhile.

I am sure you understand that there are no pictures to go along with this post.

No comments: